Sunday, June 15, 2008

Daddy


It is so great to be celebrating my first Father's Day! I never knew that I could be this happy with someone I have only just started getting to know. That and it is neat to know that I will have some impact on the man he will become. My dad came over yesterday and I always get a kick out of watching him with Zach. For someone who's father passed away before he was born, he has done a phenomenal job of raising my brother and I! I only hope I can be as good of a dad as he was and is. I am looking forward to watching my son grow and mature over the years, but at the same time I am truly enjoying the time I have with our cute little guy!

1 comment:

Buckeye5280 said...

For me, Father's Day comes twice in June and again in November. Today, June 23 brings back memories of the same date in 1982 when I held the first of 2 sons. What an awesome, God given responsibility it is to be a father. It is the greatest sense of accomplishment to see your son grow into a man who loves his son so much and is so dedicated to him. (Fatherhood makes one appreciate even more the gift that God gave the world.)