Friday, March 6, 2009

Daddy Daycare

Through a chain of events I was able to spend the day with Zach on Thursday... all day Thursday. I must say I have a tremendous amount of respect for stay-at-home moms, single parents, daycare providers... and of course - my wife. This was the first time in a while (since Zach has become more active!) that it has just been "us guys." I soon re-realized how much work it is even when he sleeps for 4-5 hours during the day! By the time I recouped from getting him ready for his morning nap, it seemed like he was waking up for lunch. I thought that before/after lunch we could cruise out and do some errands and enjoy the day. Nope, it was soon time for his afternoon nap and a quick run around the house so that I could get it clean (by clean I mean back to the way it was before we tore it up) before his momma' came home from work. I did nothing aside from taking care of him and it exausted me!
All this being said... I wouldn't trade it for the world!! I am gradually begining to truly understand what it means to be a parent. It really is a labor of love! I don't think I will ever be an expert and I don't know that I ever need to be. Perfection never is a requirement. What really matters is that we love our kids and do everything in our power to see that they grow up to be self-sufficient Christ following adults! We are going to make mistakes, become worn out, even loose our composure every so often, but our love for our kids and overall our love for our Saviour sets our priorities back in place. Thanks be to God - without Him all would be lost!

1 comment:

Gapminder said...

That's very sweet Aaron. I also have a great deal of awe and respect for single parents, stay at home moms and dads, and daycare providers. Love you.