Monday, August 17, 2009

MUD

Zach came home from daycare with a healthy dose of mud on his clothes, hair and skin. I thought to myself, Ahh what a boy! Our little baby is no longer just that. He is growing ever more into a exciting little boy who has a huge personality. I can't wait to do father-son camping trips (quite often involving mommy too of course) and other "guy" type stuff. Somedays it is hard to imagine him growing up, but then there are times like today where he comes home muddy and toddles around with an oversized football that I remember that these days are numbered. Parenting has been a balancing act between holding onto the present while looking forward to the future and missing the past. I think that is what makes multiple children so much fun. I suppose I will have to wait on that though...

No comments: