Friday, September 26, 2008

Roly-Poly


Not counting the Roly-Poly lab I had my 7th graders do a few weeks ago, we've been seeing a lot of roly-polying around our house... Zach's rolled over! He went from his back to his tummy. It's kind of funny, though, because once he makes it over he doesn't like being on his tummy much. We've started sitting him in his high chair while we're eating and are debating starting cereal soon. It's crazy to think he's already 5 months old. In some ways it feels like he's always been with us, in other ways it feels like time has flown by and he's only been here for a few days. It's hard to explain, and I think it's another one of those situations that only parents can understand. I had a meeting with a student's parents this morning and were discussing how the student talks badly of/to her parents at home. I wanted to pipe up and help the student understand how much work and love her parents had invested in her throughout her life and that she shouldn't be disrespectful to them like that. But then I realized she's a 12 year old and figured she wouldn't understand anyway. To anyone who doesn't have kids, you have no idea what your parents went through to keep you alive and happy when you were young. It's so worth it, but it definately wasn't easy. Thanks Mom and Dad for all you've done for me!!! I love you!!!

No comments: