Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Tank


It's so amazing how much Zachary changes in such little time. We were sitting at dinner tonight talking about how it's still hard to believe (at times) that he is ours! What a miracle to think that he was knit together by God, inside his mommy (me), and is now experiencing the world around him. I can't even remember life without him, what that felt like, and yet he's only been here for 5 months. It makes me wonder what I did with myself before he was here. I have to say... even though I have next to no me or free time anymore, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I still get really excited for friends when I hear they're pregnant because I am excited for them that they will soon get to experience the enormous amount of emotions we've been able to experience. Looking back at pictures of Zach when he was only a week or two old it's hard to remember what it felt like to hold such a tiny baby. Although we didn't want him to grow up, we're now so glad he's getting to the point where he is interacting more (giggling, babbling, playing, watching, etc.). I can't wait to see what a fun little boy he'll be. I just hope it doesn't go too fast! The world seems like a whole new place now that we get to experience it through Zach's eyes.

No comments: